Joe Amara Executive Search is seeking a well-seasoned renewable energy finance executive to join a growing owner/operator of wind and solar assets.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Finance will foster relationships with current financial underwriters and future tax equity sponsors. The VP of Finance will lead the financial due diligence of potential acquisitions and greenfield projects.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Advising the development team in financial structuring and modelling for development activities and EPC contracts
• Providing timely financial due diligence and analyses support for M&A transactions.
• Identifying and retaining appropriate outside legal counsel and tax and financial consultants where required
• Guide modeling of project evaluations
• Assisting the commercial team with the negotiation of key definitive agreements, including power purchase agreements
• Source and negotiate flexible commercial and financial solutions with tax equity and other investors
• Establish the finance team by structuring and implementing internal processes
• Follow regulatory changes and financial risks
• 10+ years of finance within the renewable energy industry
• 5+ years of leadership experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
• Diversified work experience in financing and banking, with a focus on project finance management (e.g. valuation, accounting, taxation, controlling) backed by a proven track record of financial closings in wind and/or solar
• Established connections to financial institutions, tax equity partners and other organizations relevant to financing renewable energy projects in the U.S.
• Impeccable oral and written communication skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Excellent teamwork ability and the ability to work independently