We are seeking a Vice President of Execution to lead all aspects of project delivery of ground-mount solar projects. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the VP will create and implement a project management campaign ensuring the successful delivery of projects to customers.
The preferred candidate has 15+ years of project execution experience within power generation or battery storage. Leadership experience is a must have.
- Develop a strategic execution plan incorporating an entire project lifecycle, from conception to commissioning. Include risk mitigation, vendor management, safety, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Manage and build a team focusing on timely execution of projects, foster a culture of accountability and collaboration.
- Implement and uphold rigorous quality assurance processes to ensure the highest standards of project execution and safety.
- Negotiate vendor contracts, monitor third party progress, ensure timely delivery.
- Development and implement a hiring strategy. Coach and mentor direct reports. Monitor and drive team results through a collaborative and positive work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field required; advanced degree or relevant certifications preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in project management or construction, with at least 3 years in a leadership role within the solar or renewable energy sector and 2 years of distributed solar construction projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex solar construction projects, with a deep understanding of industry standards, safety protocols, and emerging technologies.
- Proven experience in building, leading, and motivating high-performing teams.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively across various departments and with external stakeholders.