Joe Amara Executive Search is representing a PE backed renewable energy power producer. We are seeking a Vice President Development, West to lead the development of energy storage and hybrid renewable projects in the in the Western US.
- Own and execute project development strategy in region.
- Lead development of utility scale projects to successful financial close, working with in-house and external subject matter experts.
- Work with origination team to cultivate customer relationships in region.
- Work closely with internal and external resources to structure, negotiate and close project transactions.
- Responsible for budget and driving profitability of utility scale projects in region
- Lead due diligence for development or acquisition projects.
- Work with regulatory and policy experts to track and incorporate policy and power market changes into regional strategy.
- Provide input into company business plan and development strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A graduate degree (MBA) is desirable.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in renewable energy project development (preferably utility-scale).
- Successful track record of executing complex energy projects and/or transactions.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, including a creative and proactive work ethic.