Joe Amara Executive Search has been retained to recruit a Vice President of Development, East. The preferred candidate has 15+ years of experience in utility-scale wind or solar power generation development, and 3 years of utility-scale battery storage experience.
- Create and implement project development strategy in the East.
- Lead development of utility-scale battery + generation to financial close, coordinating with in-house and external subject matter experts.
- Work with internal teams to cultivate off-take in region.
- Work closely with internal and external resources to structure, negotiate and close project transactions.
- Responsible for managing budgeting and profitability of Eastern projects
- Coordinate with M&A on due diligence of acquisitions.
- Manage regulatory and policy experts to track and incorporate policy and power market changes into regional strategy.
- Participation and implementation of development/business strategy.
- 15+ years of experience working for IPPs in wind/solar/battery storage
- 3+ years of battery storage experience
- Minimum of 1GW of completed projects in various markets in the East
- 5+ years of leadership experience; hiring, mentoring and coaching.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- MBA preferred not required