Joe Amara Executive Search represents IPPs, OEMs and project developers in wind, solar and energy storage. Our practice focuses on the core competencies of our clients; such as business development, project development, operations and finance.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the Interconnection Engineering Manager is responsible for the development strategy for a portfolio of existing and proposed utility-scale solar and energy storage projects. The Interconnection Engineering Manager will coordinate and provide ongoing technical engineering support for various generation interconnection (GI) studies, will coordinate with project teams and outside consultants to manage the GI study process associated with various utilities and ISOs, review and critique interconnection study results, and may perform special technical studies as needed to support the GI study process. Additionally, the IPE will ensure compliance with relevant tariffs and shape renewable policy development in various ISOs.
- Manage assigned interconnection and engineering activities for various utility-scale solar and energy storage projects from site selection to planning and development.
- Perform in-house technical studies of the transmission grid utilizing engineering software such as PSS/E, PSS-MUST, ASPEN, etc.
- Manage daily interconnection study activities for projects under development, as is required to meet tariff timelines, including the collection and distribution of T&D technical information required by various Transmission Providers (TPs).
- Coordinate the development of necessary modeling data with subcontractors for generation interconnection technical studies for submission to TPs.
- Review interconnection study results, technical reports, and participate in results meetings.
- Review and negotiate various generation interconnection agreements, submit comments to TPs in a timely manner and facilitate contract execution.
- Initiate, manage, and review third party studies to assess curtailment, congestion, and other transmission-related project risks.
- Provide analysis to inform Savion’s interconnection and transmission related strategy for solar and energy storage projects; including project size optimization, fatal flaw analysis, interconnection queue management, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Assist in the maintenance of GI study tracking and budget forecasting.
- Suggest creative bidding strategies that utilize knowledge of the transmission system and thoughtful assessment of study results and hedging options.