Our client is a growing renewable energy developer seeking a Sr. Business Development Manager within a newly created Energy Storage business unit. The ES group is developing new business with traditional and non-traditional off-takers, as well as building upon our client’s robust customer base.
Reporting to the SVP, the Sr. Business Development Manager will drive growth through a ‘boots-on-the-ground’ efforts, expand upon current clientele, and help guide strategy tailored to individual markets.
- Quantifies and communicates value proposition of energy storage for applications including peak demand management, ancillary services, demand response, volt/var control
- Evaluates economics of energy storage at commercial customer sites based on load profiles, tariffs, market programs and incentives
- Evaluates economics of energy storage for utility applications based on avoided costs of energy/capacity procurement or infrastructure building, or reliability
- Develops and negotiates commercial arrangements with key vendors and partners to support development and delivery of energy storage solution
- Engages with energy storage market stakeholders, including regulators, utilities, consumer groups, to develop markets for energy storage
- Works with the finance department to develop financing solutions for energy storage offerings, both for stand-alone storage offerings and projects that integrate solar and storage
- Supports the sales team with information, collateral and other materials to support energy storage sales efforts
- Bachelors Degree
- MBA is a plus
- 5+ years in power generation is a must
- Energy storage experience is favorable
- Deal Origination, Power Origination or Business Development is a must
- Project Development experience in wind, solar and thermal
- Multi-market project success