Joe Amara Executive Search represents companies within renewable energy and emerging infrastructure. Our team has completed over 300 searches throughout the United States and Latin America.
We are seeking a Director, Transmission Interconnection for a renewable independent power producer.
The preferred candidate is an electrical engineer with 5-10 years of experience from an IPP or project developer’s transmission interconnection team. The role is responsible for all aspects of transmission modeling and price forecasting for the development of renewable energy merchant assets.
- Carry out transmission modeling using PROMOD, PSS/E or PowerWorld to provide feasibility level analysis for development pipeline projects.
- Coordinate with senior leadership to develop an interconnection plan to develop a pipeline of utility scale merchant projects.
- Perform all aspects of transmission analysis for development of new power generation projects in N.A.
- Deliver transmission and interconnection services to development team.
- Responsible for all technical and cost information to the business developers that are required for the interconnection of the project.
- PROMOD, PSS/E, PSCAD, ASPEN, PSLF.
- Provide guidance on design standards and codes.