Joe Amara Executive Search represents companies within renewable energy and emerging infrastructure. Joe has completed over 300 searches throughout the United States and Latin America.
Celebrating 17 years of renewable energy recruiting in 2024!
We are seeking a Director, Power Origination. Reporting to the Vice President, the Director will lead all aspects of negotiating commercial contracts for solar and storage projects. Target customers include C&I and utilities.
Candidates must have 8+ years of power origination experience. This is a newly created position; preferred candidates are entrepreneurial and with an extensive network. WECC, ERCOT, CAISO are preferred but not necessary.
- Identify commercial opportunities with utilities and C&I.
- Extensive knowledge of PPAs, VPPs, BTA, and other various commercial/financial structures.
- Assist with due diligence of project acquisitions and project viability when needed.
- Evaluate requests for bids. Respond with pricing proposals, term sheets, and documentation to facilitate successful negotiations.
- Collaborate with regional development team to strengthen pipeline in multiple markets.
- Build a regional team; create a duplicable RFP response process. Manage process.
- Hybrid 2/3h.o.