Joe Amara Executive Search represents companies within renewable energy and emerging infrastructure. Our team has completed over 300 searches throughout the United States and Latin America. Celebrating 17 years of renewable energy recruiting in 2024!
We are seeking a Director of Operations to join a fast paced, solar and storage owner/operator. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director will manage commercial operations for a renewable energy and BESS portfolio. The Director will inherit third-party asset managers and O&M providers.
The preferred candidate has 5-10 years of experience in a technical project management role with an independent power producer or OEM. Renewables is preferred, however applicants from non-intermittent power generation are encouraged to apply.
- Lead operations of renewable and BESS assets. Active participation during the execution phase of each project. Be the technical liaison between technical and non-technical teams.
- Administer project commissioning and transition to commercial operations in coordination with internal and external SMEs.
- Support debt and equity financing transactions and ensure post-closing reporting/compliance.
- Collaborate with execution team and third-party vendors as main point of contact. Choose third party vendors, negotiate, and manage contracts. Long-term service agreements, O&M contracts, equipment supply agreements.
- Create and implement safety and emergency response procedures for each asset, leverage relationships with state and local authorities.
- Build a team commensurate with size of portfolio.
- Travel: 10-15%