Joe Amara Executive Search is representing a multinational independent power producer. We are seeking a Director of Development, East. This position is responsible for developing a solar, solar + storage portfolio, and greenfield standalone storage. Responsibilities also include hiring and mentoring a small team of project developers. Candidates with a completed utility-scale project in the Eastern US will be considered.
- P&L and schedule responsibility for 2+ strategic projects and a portfolio of projects managed by team members from conception to completion.
- Site acquisition, creating, reviewing, and presenting requests to investment committee
- Support strategic initiatives, planning and execution
- Support Origination of M&A opportunities and provide market entry analysis
- Perform and manage internal and external resources’ development activities, such as; site acquisition, real estate and title curative, interconnection, regulatory approvals, engineering, land use permitting, environmental permitting, and financial valuation
- Overly communicate, collaborate, and problem-solve throughout the organizational chart
- Advise and direct development strategy to attain project milestones to progress projects through financing and construction
- Overall project management and reporting throughout development project lifecycle
- Regular travel to project site
- 8+ experience required in utility-scale renewable energy development
- Results driven, solutions oriented, and attentive to detail
- Excellent ability to lead, manage and coach direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, master’s degree is a plus