Joe Amara Executive Search represents IPPs, OEMs and project developers in wind, solar and energy storage. Our practice focuses on the core competencies of our clients; such as business development, project development, operations and finance.
Reporting to the VP of Construction, the Director of Construction is responsible for the delivery of wind, solar and energy storage projects which will vary from 50mw – 400mw in size. The Director will manage and ensure delivery of construction due diligence processes, coordinate internal construction reviews, collaborate with the business development team, tackle construction issues of wind, solar and energy storage projects. This role will be responsible for the pre-contract, tender process, project execution and handover of projects to operations.
- Develop project execution plans to meet objectives
- Provide for project deliverables, including feasibility studies, cost, time, quality and health & safety (HSE). Ensure clarity of calculated construction costs for wind and maintain an overview of project strategic fit to the organization.
- Develop project budget estimates and manage project costs within scheme sanctions
- Support the project development of Onshore wind farms, interfacing across many technical and commercial areas of the company.
- Plan resources through coordination of input of specialized skills supported either from internal or external expertise.
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation systems and records including site health, safety and environmental management. Maintain an understanding of appropriate legislation.
- Provide the corresponding construction assumptions (costs, time, resources etc.) for the business cases in line with the senior management approval process.
- Provide HSE guidance and oversight for all aspects of the construction phase of the projects in collaboration with the internal HSE organization.
- Develop and run tender for civil, electrical and wind turbine supply agreements in co-operation with the Procurement Department.
- Recommend and manage supply contracts for EPC and Project Supply contractors using and organizing both internal and external resources to ensure project success.