We are seeking a Chief Development Officer to the lead project development of wind, solar, and storage in multiple markets across the United States. Our client is a private equity firm launching a start-up IPP.
The preferred candidate has 15+ years of renewable energy project development experience, preferably from a technology agnostic independent power producer. Candidates must have conceptualized and completed utility-scale projects in multiple ISO/RTOs and have built a technology agnostic development team, particularly focused on MISO, SPP, ERCOT, PJM and NYISO.
- Develop 1-3GW per year of merchant wind, solar, and standalone storage projects; aligned with the sponsor’s financial objectives.
- Create and execute a development strategy encompassing land acquisition, permitting, interconnection, and environmental studies among other project milestones.
- Hire, coach, and mentor a team of project developers to develop in multiple markets and technologies.
- Create and implement project control tools, maps, data rooms, databases, and schedules.
- Provide guidance on acquisitions of project, portfolios, and operating asset.
- Liaise between development and technical teams on site selection, transmission/interconnection, procurement of storage equipment, software, and other provisions.