Joe Amara Executive Search has been retained by a private equity backed independent power producer to recruit a Chief Development Officer. Our client develops, owns, and operates stand-alone storage and solar + storage assets.
We are seeking renewable energy executives who are developing multi-gigawatt, technology agnostic portfolios. Candidates with greenfield experience are a requirement. Candidates must have conceptualized and completed a minimum of 1GW of utility-scale renewable energy projects within various US RTO/ISO.
- Spearhead a multi-technology, greenfield development strategy spanning the United States.
- Lead stand-alone storage greenfield development in multiple markets.
- Develop a 10GW storage/hybrid pipeline, reflecting an 80/20 merchant/contracted ratio.
- Coach and mentor Regional Vice Presidents. Promote and foster communication between M&A, commercial, and finance teams.
- Support the due diligence of M&A opportunities within various markets including CASIO, WECC, ERCOT, PJM, NYISO, and NEPOOL.
- Coach and mentor development teams on permitting, land acquisition, community outreach.
- Manage and coordinate interconnection process by utilizing internal and external resources.
- Prior leadership experience is highly desirable.
- Executives with a minimum 15-years project development. Must have storage and solar development experience.
- Minimum 1GW conceptualized and completed.
- Currently managing a multi-gigawatt storage, solar portfolio.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- MBA is a Plus.