Joe Amara Executive Search has been retained by a private equity backed independent power producer to recruit a Chief Commercial Officer. Our client develops, owns, and operates stand-alone storage and solar + storage assets.
We are seeking candidates fluent in developing and structuring storage products, analyzing and communicating market dynamics, and creating innovative commercial products. Candidates experienced in revenue stream stacking with merchant intermittent power generation assets are highly desirable.
- Spearhead commercial strategy of a 10GW storage/hybrid pipeline, reflecting an 80/20 merchant/contracted ratio.
- Lead three functions: Power Marketing/Market Fundamentals, Power Origination, and Trading/Structuring Products.
- Guide and support the commercial facets of development and M&A opportunities within various markets including CASIO, WECC, ERCOT, PJM, NYISO, and NEPOOL.
- Oversee power marketing. Analyze and articulate market fundamentals, specifically the evolution of markets and revenue streams associated with each respective market.
- Create/guide strategy for stand-alone storage and hybrid offtake contracts.
- Coaching/assisting power origination team on structuring various contracts including PPAs, hedges, etc.
- Educate customers on the value of storage. Utilize your deep network of cooperatives, municipalities, traditional/non-traditional off-takers.
- Conceptualize and commercialize products which foster storage is a trading asset.
- Craft and implement merchant revenue stream stacking products in various markets.
- Prior leadership experience is highly desirable.
- Executives with a minimum 15-years in power trading, power marketing, and negotiating power purchase agreements within the United States.
- 15-years of experience with an IPP, focusing on commercially development utility scale wind, solar and/or storage projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- MBA is a Plus.