Joe Amara Executive Search represents companies within renewable energy and emerging infrastructure. Our team has completed over 300 searches throughout the United States and Latin America.
We are seeking a VP of Engineering to lead all aspects of engineering with a solar project developer. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the VP Engineering will create and implement a campaign ensuring the technical feasibility and integrity of solar projects.
The preferred candidate has 15+ years of electrical engineering experience within power generation industry, preferably ground-mount PV.
- Develop a strategic engineering plan incorporating the entire project lifecycle on a large solar portfolio.
- Execute a project management campaign to streamline the delivery of projects on-time and within budget.
- Create and monitor the design process. Manage and monitor 3rd party engineering firms and hold all parties accountable.
- Development and implement a hiring strategy. Coach and mentor direct reports. Monitor and drive team results through a collaborative and positive work environment.
- Create and maintain project control tools, testing, analytics, scheduling and reporting.
- Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Licensed Electrical Professional Engineer highly preferred
- 10- 15 years of relevant engineering experience, with 2+ years of leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the design and deployment of complex solar projects, with a deep understanding of industry standards, technologies, and emerging trends.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze complex data, identify trends, and make informed business decisions.