Our client is a very well capitalized start-up with a world-class executive team. With their first rigs being implemented this summer, we are searching for an Operations Geologist.
The Operation Geologist executes all geological responsibilities associated with well planning and well drilling. This position reports to the Geologic Operations Coordinator, and is fully integrated in the asset Geoscience team
- •Coordinating with the Land and Field Departments for pad selection and lateral layouts for each drilling unit.
- •Creating structure maps, isopach maps and cross sections to identify geo-hazards, anticipated formations tops, casing points and horizontal target lines.
- •Creating Geological Prognosis for AFE’s and drilling plans.
- •Presenting maps and cross sections at the Pre-Spud meetings and discuss geo-hazards, casing points, wireline logging suites, coring points and horizontal target lines.
- •Coordinating and managing mud logging, wireline logging and coring.
- •Geosteering – Interprets and integrates near real-time MWD and survey data with geologic models to provide geosteering guidance to the drilling and subsurface team.
- •Communicates geosteering interpretation rapidly to the drilling team to insure that reservoir targeting objectives are met.
- •Attending daily drilling meetings and provide updates relating to geo-hazards and geo-steering to the team.
- •Creating Geological Assessment reports.
- Bachelors Degree
- 3+ years of experience
- unconventional shale experience