The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will oversee all aspects of the Company’s structured finance, financial planning, cash management, tax and accounting, and financial reporting functions.
The preferred candidate will understand renewable energy finance, construction finance, and the economics of asset management; however renewable energy experience is not required.
The CFO will regularly interact with internal business units and external parties, including the board of directors and investors. This is an in-office position, remote work is not permissible.
- Manage the internal and external financial planning, analysis, and reporting requirements, including directing the annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Oversee the creation and distribution of the Company’s regular financial reports, including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget, and weekly cash flow management.
- Track and analyze the Company’s performance to budget and update projections throughout the year.
- Present monthly financial reports to the Executive Management team and quarterly to the Board of Directors.
- Evaluate and identify areas for improvement within the finance team and enhance execution, profitability, and efficiency.
- Help evaluate and approve EPC/BTA/PPA negotiations.
- Maintain appropriate levels of general liability and other relevant insurance coverages and ensure the proper and timely pertinent insurance handling claims.
- Oversee the preparation annual audit.
- Review and ensure the application of appropriate internal controls, and external compliance.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns.
- Sign off on all month-end closing activities, including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts, and overhead cost allocation.
- 15+ Years’ experience in accounting and finance roles.
- Relevant experience within power generation or renewable energy.
- Experience in leading corporate and project budgeting and forecasting.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and ability to motivate staff.